Enterprise owns interests in NGL pipelines that transport mixed NGLs and other hydrocarbons from natural gas processing facilities, refineries and import terminals to fractionation plants, petrochemical plants, export facilities and refineries; and deliver propane to customers along the Dixie pipeline and certain sections of the Mid-America Pipeline and TE Products Pipeline systems. Our pipelines provide transportation services to customers on a fee basis; therefore, the gross operating margin for this business is generally dependent upon the volume of product transported and the level of fees charged to customers. Typically, our pipeline customers retain title to the products transported by our NGL pipelines and the associated commodity price risk.
The following table summarizes the significant NGL pipelines assets of our NGL Pipelines & Services business segment.
|Mid-America Pipeline System(1)||100.0%||8,132||Enterprise||Transports mixed NGLs produced from natural gas processing plants in Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico to the Seminole pipeline in West Texas.|
|South Texas NGL Pipeline System||100.0%||1,917||Enterprise||Gathers and transports mixed NGLs from natural gas processing plants in South Texas owned by us and our third party customers to our South Texas NGL fractionators, including those at our Mont Belvieu complex.|
|Dixie Pipeline(1)||100.0%||1,306||Enterprise||Transports propane from fractionators and refineries in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi to customers throughout the Southeast.|
|Seminole Pipeline(1)||100.0%||1,248||Enterprise||Transports NGLs from the Hobbs hub and the Permian Basin area of West Texas to markets in southeast Texas including our fractionation facility in Mont Belvieu, Texas. NGLs originating on the Mid-America Pipeline System are the primary source of throughput for this pipeline.|
|ATEX(1)||100.0%||1,192||Enterprise||Transports Ethane from the Marcellus/Utica shales in the Northeast United States down to Mont Belvieu Texas.|
|Chaparral NGL System(1)||100.0%||1,085||Enterprise||Transports NGLs from natural gas processing facilities in West Texas and New Mexico to Mont Belvieu, Texas.|
|Louisiana Pipeline System||100.0%||956||Enterprise||Gathering and transportation pipelines that deliver mixed NGLs originating in Louisiana and Texas to refineries and petrochemical companies located along the Mississippi River corridor to southern Louisiana.|
|Texas Express Pipeline (1)||35.0%(2)||594||Enterprise||Transports mixed NGLs from natural gas processing facilities in Northern Texas and Front Range Pipeline to Mont Belvieu, Texas.|
|Skelly-Belvieu Pipeline(1)||50.0%(3)||572||Enterprise||Transports mixed NGLs from Skellytown, Texas to Mont Belvieu, Texas.|
|Front Range Pipeline (1)||33.3%(4)||441||Enterprise||Transports mixed NGLs from natural gas processing facilities in Colorado to the Texas Express Pipeline.|
|Promix NGL Gathering System||50.0%(5)||358||Enterprise||Gathers mixed NGLs from natural gas processing plants in southern Louisiana for delivery to our Promix NGL fractionator.|
|Houston Ship Channel Pipeline System||100.0%||288||Enterprise||Connects our Mont Belvieu, Texas facilities with our Houston Ship Channel import/export terminals and various third-party petrochemical plants, refineries and other pipelines located along the Houston Ship Channel.|
|Aegis Ethan Pipeline (1)||100.0%||280||Enterprise||Delivers purity ethane to petrochemical facilities along Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast.|
|Rio Grande Pipeline(1)||70.0%(6)||249||Enterprise||Transports mixed NGLs to a pipeline interconnect at the Mexican border south of El Paso, Texas.|
|Panola Pipeline (1)||55.0% (7)||249||Enterprise||Transports mixed NGLs from northeast Texas near Carthage in Panola County to Mont Belvieu, Texas.|
|Lou-Tex NGL Pipeline(1)||100.0%||206||Enterprise||Transports NGL products and refinery grade propylene between Louisiana and Texas markets.|
|Tri-States NGL Pipeline (1)||83.3% (8)||167||Enterprise||Transports mixed NGLs from Mobile Bay, Alabama to points near Kenner, Lousinia and was operated by an affiliate of BP p.l.c. as of the end of 2015.|
|Texas Express Gathering System||45.0% (9)||116||Enterprise||Extends from Skellytown, Texas to our NGL fractionation and storage complex at Mont Belvieu, Texas.|
|Others (six systems) (10)||Various (11)||312||Various||Transports NGLs in the Gulf Coast.|
- Interstate and intrastate transportation services provided by these liquids pipelines are regulated by governmental agencies.
- Our ownership interest in the Texas Express Pipeline is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Texas Express Pipeline LLC.
- Our ownership interest in the Skelly-Belvieu Pipeline is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Skelly-Belvieu Pipeline Company, L.L.C. ("Skelly-Belvieu").
- Our ownership interest in the Front Range Pipeline is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Front Range Pipeline LLC.
- Our ownership interest in the Promix NGL Gathering System is held indirectly through our equity method investment in K/D/S Promix, L.L.C. ("Promix").
- We own a 70% consolidated interest in the Rio Grande Pipeline through our majority owned subsidiary, Rio Grande Pipeline Company.
- On January 1, 2015, we formed a joint venture and assigned a 45% interest in Panola Pipeline Company, LLC (“Panola”) to third parties. Prior to January 1, 2015, Panola was a wholly owned subsidiary of ours.
- We own an 83.3% consolidated interest in the Tri-States NGL Pipeline through our majority owned subsidiary, Tri-States NGL Pipeline, L.L.C.
- Our ownership interest in Texas Express Gathering System is held indirectly through our equity method investment in Texas Express Gathering LLC ("Texas Express Gathering").
- Includes our Tri-State, Chunchula, Belle Rose and Wilprise pipelines located in the coastal regions of Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi; South Dean and Port Arthur pipelines located in southeast Texas; and our Meeker pipeline in Colorado.
- We own a 74.7% consolidated interest in the 30-mile Wilprise pipeline through our majority owned subsidiary, Wilprise Pipeline Company, LLC. We proportionately consolidate our 50% undivided interest in a 45-mile segment of the Port Arthur pipelines. The remainder of these NGL pipelines are wholly owned.
For more information on the assets, please refer to the most recent Form 10-K or Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other SEC filings.